Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Sneek peek?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sneek peek? Login/Join

Picture of arnie
posted
I came across a reference to a "sneak peak" today, and remembered that I'd seen this misspelling of "sneak peek" before. I was curious as to how widespead it was and entered both into Google. To my surprise, "sneak peek" returned about 738,000 hits, and "sneak peak" about 383,000. In other words, it is spelled wrongly on the Web roughly one third of the time! Red Face

BTW, even "sneek peek" got about 35,500 hits!

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good greef.

Posts: 669 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aput
posted Hide Post
"Good greef" has 3800 ghits. Strange, strange place the Web.

"sneeek peak" has 2, "sneakpeak" has 58100, "snaek peek" has 36, "snek peak" has 9, "sneak pek" has 4, "sneekpeek" has 1030, etc. etc. Strange place.

Posts: 502 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
I'm so confused now, I don't know how to speek or speel.

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Posts: 5149 | Location: Columbus, OhioReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
What's that called again when misspelled words are in Google? I think jheem had talked about that on his Blog once.

I remember awhile ago when I was so naïf Wink that I used to think of Google as a dictionary. I'd look up words or quotes there, and when I'd find them, just as I had written them, I was sure that I had them right. Roll Eyes I soon learned, though!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post