Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Alice in Wonderland
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alice in Wonderland Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
I have a google alert set to notify me on mentions of "Alice in Wonderland".
Today I find that it has fed me many more hits than usual. Here's one. Why?
Yesterday Alistair Darling gave us the new budget predicting a growth starting next year of over 3%, a figure disputed by anyone with any economic nous. Hence the comparison.
Someone on Question Time has just suggested beheading. The panel agreed. So do I.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BobHale,

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
But with great joy, I have just heard that Stephen Fry is set to voice the Cheshire Cat in the new Tim Burton version. Excellent choice.

Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
Of course, if it's in The Daily Mail it must be true...

To get some idea of the standards of accuracy of this rag, take a look at yesterday's front page http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...gure.html#addComment

I have written a comment - I doubt they'll post it.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Stephen Fry apparently mentioned it himself on Twitter so there's a reasonable chance it might be true.

I agree about the Mail though.

On that particular story I was puzzled by the BBC reporting as well. There was a news item with an interview with a doctor who said that he had seen increasing numbers of children as young as eleven being hospitalised through drunkenness. What puzzled me is how this can in ANY way be connected to pubs which are the one type of establishment that sells alcohol almost GUARANTEED to not put it in the hands of children.

I think the problem that needs tackling is in Supermarket sales which is where teenagers get their booze.