Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    He's a what?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

He's a what? Login/Join

Picture of Caterwauller
posted
I am currently reading a delightfully light-hearted book called Faking It by Jennifer Crusie. Among all of her other quirky descriptions and characters, she describes two types of men.

Donuts are those men who are delicious and delightful, covered in chocolate icing and sprinkles, but the next day are stale and greasy and only good for the garbage.

Muffins don't look quite as good at the beginning, but they have a lasting quality to them, have much more nutrition and they are with you for the long haul.

Has anyone ever heard these terms before in this context? I am having a great time with this book. It's delightful in every way.

My other question for all of you - are you a Donut or a Muffin . . . and which is your partner?

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Posts: 5149 | Location: Columbus, OhioReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am neither. I am angel food cake: soft, fluffy, and ever so sweet. Good with everything from chocolate to fresh berries, or just fine by itself. Long lasting and always tasty. Wink

DH is definitely a muffin.

Posts: 915 | Location: IowaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
quote:
have much more nutrition and they are with you for the long haul.

Hmmm, I hate to burst the author's balloon, but sometimes muffins can be every bit as unhealthy as donuts.

Unhealthy or not, it's a great description of men. My hubby is definitely a muffin. As for me, I am a chocolate something. Wink

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting, the term "stud muffin" seems to describe donuts.

Posts: 886 | Location: IllinoisReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
I rather like to think I'm the colorful sprinkles on the cupcake of life. Big Grin

DH is . . . umm . . . a really good beer.

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Posts: 5149 | Location: Columbus, OhioReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post