Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Future dilemmas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Future dilemmas Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
I wonder if presenting the Nobel peace prize to President Obama was a cunning ploy so that if it is necessary in future (as it could well be) to act aggressively in America's interest he will have to say "hang on, can't do that, they gave me the peace prize".

Seriously though I have no problem with him getting it but I do feel it's a touch premature and they might have waited a year or two.

Congratulations to him anyway.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I think most of us, including Obama, agree with you.

His daughters put it into perspective for him (from The Swamp):
quote:
Obama, who was awakened early this morning with news of the prize in a wake-up call from his press secretary, Robert Gibbs, said: "This is not how I expected to wake up this morning. (After he was informed, his daughter) Malia walked in and said, 'Daddy, you won the Nobel Peace Prize, and it is (their dog) Bo's birthday,' and then (daughter) Sasha added, 'Plus we have a three-day weekend coming up.' It's good to have kids to keep things in perspective.''

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post