Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Proposals in the Movies
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Proposals in the Movies Login/Join

Picture of Hic et ubique
posted
Several movies have scenes where a fellow crassly embarrasses his girlfriend by proposing to her in public, making it hard for her to say "no".

Two examples are the movies Working Girl and Coming to America, but I know there are more. Can anyone help jog my memory?

Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
There is a fabulous proposal scene in _Love Actually_, where the man speaks only English and the woman speaks only Portuguese. He's followed her to where she is working in her family's restaurant, and he's been studying her language for a month . . . and he proposes in bad Portuguese in front of her entire extended family and all the customers in the restaurant. It's lovely!

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Posts: 5149 | Location: Columbus, OhioReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
Santa Clause, 2 has Santa (Tim Allen) proposing to his son's teacher in front of all the inhabitants of the North Pole.

Rather a poor movie, overall, though.

~Dalai Lama

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Well, of course, we could carry this further: Odd proposals.

I have one! My roommate had been expecting a ring for Christmas. It was one of those, "He had better, or else!" situations. When she opened his gift, bath salts, she threw it across the room in a fit of rage, and then stomped out.

[Little did she know that he had neatly packed a diamond ring on the top for her. Roll Eyes]

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
It was not exactly a proposal, but could have led to a proposition when, at a rest area on the winding mountain road above Monte Carlo, Grace Kelly opened the picnic basket, removed the fried chicken, and asked Cary Grant if he wanted a breast or a thigh. He said, "You make the choice."

To Catch A Thief

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
Hic - would you count the scene in Shrek where Shrek interrupts the wedding of Fiona and Farquad and wins Fiona's heart?

~Dalai Lama