Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Top Political Buzzwords
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top Political Buzzwords Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
QT from the Chicago Sun Times mentioned the Global Language Monitor Web site which tracks media buzzwords. For the first 7 months of 2007 (in the U.S.), the top 10 were: Surge, Obama, youTube, Cleavage, Pardon, Live Earth, Subpoena, Congress, All-time Low, and “I don’t recall”.

Cleavage? Live Earth? What does "live earth" even mean? What have I missed in my media reading?

Does the UK have a site like this? I'd love to see some comparisons.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
I assume that "Live Earth" is the opposite of what you get when real estate "developers" and politicians move in. You can't grow much on asphalt. As for "cleavage," maybe Eldrige Cleavage, or Grover Cleavage?

"You tube" is an insult meaning that your daddy was a sperm bank sample. Roll Eyes

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
I believe they were referring to [Dolly] Pardon's Cleavage (groan).

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by bethree5:
I believe they were referring to [Dolly] Pardon's Cleavage (groan).

Didn't they pardon Eldridge Cleavage?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I couldn't believe all the hullaballoo about Hillary's cleavage. One wonders what the talk will be if she becomes president!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post