Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Nothing to do with language but
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nothing to do with language but Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
am I the only one who thinks one of the most evil and reviled men in America, price gouger Martin Shkrelli and one of the most evil and reviled women in England, Home Secretary Priti Patel bear a "separated at birth" resemblance? The smirks say all that needs to be said about their characters.

https://www.facebook.com/photo...-2207520000..&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/photo...-2207520000..&type=3

I did try to post the pictures rather than the links but I couldn't get it to work.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Those links didn’t work for me Bob, but I looked over Shkrelli & Patel google images. Some look very different, but in the pictures that head up these two articles they totally look like fraternal twins:

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Alternative links
Shkreli
Priti Patel

Incidentally I can add a bit of language content to the post. The Priti Patel article uses language to give the wrong impression of what the policy actually is. By calling it "outsourcing" they give the impression that the processing will be in Rwanda after which, if the asylum application is successful they will be able to settle in the UK. That's NOT the policy. The policy is that a successful applicant will be allowed to stay in Rwanda and an unsuccessful one returned to their country of origin.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BobHale,

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post