Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    As if the sexual alphabet soup weren't confusing enough already...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

As if the sexual alphabet soup weren't confusing enough already... Login/Join

posted
Now we're got "Demisexual!" Good grief.

Posts: 6169 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geoff:
Now we're got "Demisexual!" Good grief.

…which half ? Coming or going?

Posts: 6267 | Location: Worcester, MA, USReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish I knew. Next we'll have a semihemidemisexual who only gets excited for 1/64th of a second.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Demisexual

Oh, there's more!

From Wikipedia
quote:
Gray asexuality or gray-sexuality is the spectrum between asexuality and sexuality.[1][2] Individuals who identify with gray asexuality are referred to as being gray-A, or a gray ace, and make up what is referred to as the "ace umbrella".[3] Within this spectrum are terms such as demisexual, semisexual, asexual-ish and sexual-ish.[4]

Posts: 2878 | Location: Shoreline, WA, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I realize that Carl Jung thought that gender was a spectrum, I bet he never woulda guessed people would take his idea sooooooo far! Confused

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Highly recommend the Brit near-future sci-fi mini-series “Years and Years.” My first of many belly laughs was in Episode 1. Teen-aged daughter sits parents down and broaches a ‘coming-out’ trans announcement. They pre-empt her with warm acceptance: if it turns out they have a lovely son instead of a lovely daughter... She butts in, “Oh no, not GENDER identity [with a look that says, ‘that’s so yesterday’]. I’m not transsexual. I’m transhuman!”

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bethree5:
I’m transhuman!”

Does that explain some politicians?

posted Hide Post
Transhuman
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
quote:
Transhuman, or trans-human, is the concept of an intermediary form between human and posthuman.[1] In other words, a transhuman is a being that resembles a human in most respects but who has powers and abilities beyond those of standard humans.

Transhumanism
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
quote:
Transhumanism is a philosophical movement, the proponents of which advocate and predict the enhancement of the human condition by developing and making widely available sophisticated technologies able to greatly enhance longevity, mood and cognitive abilities

OED Online
quote:
Beyond the human; superhuman.
1812 H. F. Cary tr. Dante Paradiso i. 68 Words may not tell of that transhuman change [It. (l. 70) trasumanar significar per verba Non si porio].
1936 E. Underhill Worship xii. 251 Gazing on the Saints in their manifest humanity, their heroic virtue and ‘spiritual persuasiveness’, he shares their trans-human experience.
1957 Economist 9 Nov. (Suppl.) 12/1 This intensification of life—reaching towards a ‘transhuman’ level.
1968 S. Rosen in [i/]PN Rev.[i] (1979) No. 10. 15/2 We cannot return..to Greek, Jewish, Christian, or any other trans-human gods, whose meaning has been effectively destroyed by the decay of the values they represented.

Posts: 2878 | Location: Shoreline, WA, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post

Demisexual?

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Here is another article about it. Geez - too many labels. I am getting confused!

Is that Courteney Cox, better known as Monica Geller?

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post