Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    The Only Explanation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Only Explanation Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
My recent FB post seems truer now than ever...

"I think I have it figured out. Andy Kaufman isn't dead. Forget Tony Clifton and Latka Gravas. He's trolling the world with his latest and greatest comedy creation - Donald J Trump."

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Incidentally I had considered writing a parody of Aretha Franklin's R-E-S-P-E-C-T called T-R-E-A-S-O-N but when I looked up the original lyrics I realised I didn't need to. It already does the job perfectly well.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BobHale:
My recent FB post seems truer now than ever...

"I think I have it figured out. Andy Kaufman isn't dead. Forget Tony Clifton and Latka Gravas. He's trolling the world with his latest and greatest comedy creation - Donald J Trump."
Even Kaufman wouldn't go THAT low. I loved Latka! Hell, the whole show was great!

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
One of those quotes that you see attributed to everybody seems applicable (with a tiny amendment, that you probably won't notice Smile )

"Trump is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel."

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I get that quote. Just tonight on my Twitter account there was lots of laughing about Donald's second verbal mistake in as many days - and then someone said that we must be serious about this and not just take these "mistakes" as funny, and thus with a grain of salt.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post