Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    I have no answer for that
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have no answer for that Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
This week I am doing a series of ad-hoc tests in my classes. It's not a formal assessment as my course has no formal assessment but I am getting the students to work in groups where each group has a pair of opposed sentences to discuss. For example "Chinese traditional medicine is better than western medicine" and "Western medicine is better than Chinese traditional medicine."
One such pair is "There are some jobs that only a man or only a woman can do" and "Men and women can do any jobs equally well."

Groups discussing this usually go for the latter. One student went for the former so I asked him which jobs he had in mind. While he didn't have the word, he described the concept succinctly enough and I didn't have an answer. He was right, wet nurse is a job that only a woman can do.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Yep, that is correct. Wink

Besides that, it's pretty equal.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post