Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Beer-track voters vs. wine-track voters
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beer-track voters vs. wine-track voters Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
Even though it's so early, the campaign path is quite hot here in the U.S. Those of us who are Obama fans are called "wine-track voters," while Hillary followers are "beer-track voters," according to the Chicago Tribune.

Now, isn't that balderdash? I prefer beer to wine, and yet, given their socioeconomic categories (college degrees and the like), one would categorize me as a wine-track voter. The problem? The political pundits haven't heard of good beer...the craft beers, the microbrews, bottle-conditioned beers, the hand-pulled beers. You see, I submit that there is yet another category: the microbrew-track voters. We are increasing in numbers, and we just might decide the next election!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
Sadly beer is always considered an inferior drink to wine by the media. Just take a look at the drinks reviews in any newspaper and compare the hundreds of column-inches about wine and the odd paragraph her or there about beer. And most of the beer comments will be light-hearted or sarcastic.

Beer is the world's most popular alcoholic drink (fact), the most varied (fact), and the finest (my opinion).

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kalleh guess which category I'm in

I will discuss the brew with anybody any time, being dalehileman@verizon.net