Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Stock to buy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stock to buy Login/Join

posted
Bidets!

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Absolutely!

One thing I've learned through this horrible situation is to use much less toilet paper and paper towels.

Who'd have guessed wipes, masks and rubber gloves would be so valuable too?

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm fortunate in that I have a couple of masks from my previous employment, and, being male, have no need for more than four or five squares of TP per event. How much does one REALLY need??? Have any studies been done on typical use?

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geoff:
I'm fortunate in that I have a couple of masks from my previous employment, and, being male, have no need for more than four or five squares of TP per event. How much does one REALLY need??? Have any studies been done on typical use?

Crude... but I can't resist...

One. The procedure is simple. Tear a piece from the centre of the sheet and set it aside. Put your finger through the hole and using your finger and the one sheet thoroughly clean your backside. Throw the larger piece away and use the small piece to clean your finger.

Sorry

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Anyway...

posted Hide Post
Seriously, does anyone NEED twenty rolls of TP?
Who are these toilet paper profligates???

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geoff:
Seriously, does anyone NEED twenty rolls of TP?
Who are these toilet paper profligates???

Only twenty? How do they manage? There were reports from England of people buying by the hundred.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Good news! Toilet paper and paper towels are back on the shelves. However, masks, gloves and wipes are nowhere to be found. I finally made 6 masks this weekend with filters for our family because they are no where to be found.

posted Hide Post
My original prediction is vindicated: https://www.theguardian.com/us...er-sales-coronavirus Did you buy bidet stock? Smile

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Eh. TP is available now. My prediction is Zoom. Can you imagine had you bought that stock in January???

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:
Eh. TP is available now. My prediction is Zoom. Can you imagine had you bought that stock in January???
. Haveto admit my zoom experience has been superlative-- compared to my only other assay, Google Hangouts. My hubby assures me Google Suites is the way to go, but he gets it free thro employer... Meanwhile zoom has installed new security measures, & NYC Dept of Ed just returned to them after abandonment due to "zoombombing" issues...

I'd say I wish I'd bought them, but am not predicting anything good WallSt-wise for the next decade or so... wishing I had gold bricks to bury in back yard [but what if we lose house?]

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Before this scourge, Shu and I had been getting Hello Fresh weekly. The dinners are good, healthy and we enjoy making them together. I have heard that they, and others like them, have had a huge uptick in sales.

I heard that Walmart did a fabulous job during this crisis to maintain business, though I don't know what they did. Our local toy store would take orders over the phone, wrap the toys and we'd pick them up curbside. They did a good business. Our local bookstore sold books online and we'd pick them up curbside or they'd deliver them for $4. They also went to their basement and found lots of jigsaw puzzles. You'd sign up for one and would be surprised with what you got. We tried but this was so popular that they were gone by the time we had heard about it. It is this creativity that kept businesses going.

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
How come your post is in past tense, Kalleh? Did all those businesses fold? We are still shopping pretty much as you describe, including from our town bookstore.

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Good question, Bethree! Not sure why it was in the past tense. We, too, are still doing it. However, we are in Phase 3 now and about to go into Phase 4 by the end of the week. I was speaking to a colleague in Philadelphia today and she said you just came out of lockdown last Friday.

Here is our curve now.