Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    bubble mini
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

bubble mini Login/Join

posted
Suppose you needed to know the age of a term such as this. How would you go about it online without resorting to paid-subscription sites, such as search old magazine and newspaper stories

posted Hide Post
For usages in news publications, use Google's News-Archive search. You can use the "timeline" feature to order the results chronologically.

For usages in blogs, use Google's Blog Search.

I cannot comment on how broad are the coverages of these services.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Since I don't do those sorts of things, I have no idea. Sorry, Dale.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
nerd: Thank you most kindly for those links; exactly what I need

k: No apology required. But if you could describe the bubble-mini skirt I'd be much obliged--thanks

Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
I wasn't sure what a bubble hem was, so I've been looking. This write-up on the Elle Mag. sight seems to imply that it is a sleek sort of under-turning of the hem that allows the waist to be very tight and still have volume in the bottom of the skirt. Judging from pictures here and here make it just seem like a flared hemline. This one though seems to really talk most about the voluminous silhouette. Take your pick.

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Posts: 5149 | Location: Columbus, OhioReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
Ah! It's some kind of short skirt, is it? I approve of that. Short skirts = an upturn in the economy (vide Desmond Morris). Plus they look rather nice when almost covering the right legs.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
quote:
look rather nice when almost covering the right legs.
What's wrong with the left legs? Big Grin

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cater: Thank you for those links

Any further legitimate defs welcome--thanks all

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Here's a little different picture of a bubble mini.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here's a little different picture of a bubble mini.

Or do you mean a different picture of a little mini? Because little it surely is - back to the 60s - hurrah!

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post