Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    spawn camping
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

spawn camping Login/Join

Picture of zmježd
posted
Been reading the back issues of Penny Arcade a web comic, and have been coming across some interesting terms. My favorite so far is spawn camping: "the practice of camping near a spawn location with the intention of killing any player who spawns there". (Mentioned here.)

Ceci n'est pas un seing.

Posts: 5148 | Location: R'lyehReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the opportunity to hang out on the University of Wisconsin Memorial Union Terrace this summer with my niece, and she used the term "party camping" to mean taking short trip to a state park with some tents and some sleeping bags and some mind-alerting substances, partying, spending the night and driving back in the morning.

Posts: 1242 | Location: San FranciscoReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
You kill people who are copulating? Or do you kill people as they give birth? Either way, that's really sadistic ! Confused

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zmježd
posted Hide Post
You kill people who are copulating? Or do you kill people as they give birth?

Spawning in video games: "[T]he in-game creation of an entity, such as a player character, a non-player character (NPC), or an item. Respawning is the recreation of an entity after its death or destruction, or at the end of a round." A later Penny Arcade strip suggests the real-world counterpart as an example of how dehumanized the two guys in the comic really are ...

Ceci n'est pas un seing.

Posts: 5148 | Location: R'lyehReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zmježd:
spawn camping

It's no fun at all.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
quote:
University of Wisconsin Memorial Union Terrace
I haven't been there in awhile, but I remember it well. I see Der Rathskeller still exists. I spent many a day there!

In z's link, I found this definition that was a little sickening:
quote:
Base "rape": Base "rape" is the result when an entire team gains an uncommon advantage and surrounds the base of the opposing faction and uses all means necessary to prevent that team from leaving their base.
Base "rape?" They gain an "uncommon advantage?" I hope I am missing something.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post