Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Lexicographic Agenda
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lexicographic Agenda Login/Join

posted
A funny joke from the Colbert Report tonight.

Why did the gays have to use the word pride? Yet another attempt by the homo-lexicographic agenda to take over our dictionaries.

Posts: 886 | Location: IllinoisReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Careful there, Sean. In a day and age when the slightest deviation from Political Correctness not only raises eyebrows and invites condemnation but can also get you banned from a board

eg, if you suggest that Abu Ghraib, Mai Lai, No Gun Ri, and now Haditha point to some flaws in the American character, you will be accused of unpatriotism

Asserting that a minority group of any kind has an agenda may fall in the same category. You may not, for instance, refer to the blight of Muslim religious fanaticism without bringing down the indignation of the entire Near East as well as wrath of the indigineous PC'ers

There is little room for political persiflage

Picture of zmježd
posted Hide Post
Mai Lai

I believe the preferred spelling is My Lai.

You may not

Protocol, Dale, remember your protocol. With all due respect, I see PCese / euphemism as the flip side of hate speech / dysphemism.

In all fairness, the Colbert Report is a comedy show. "One person's honey wine is another person's fish."

Ceci n'est pas un seing.

Posts: 5148 | Location: R'lyehReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Careful there, Sean. In a day and age when the slightest deviation from Political Correctness not only raises eyebrows and invites condemnation but can also get you banned from a board

Most definitely not this board.

That is hilarious, Sean. Big Grin

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Most definitely not this board.
It should be mentioned, though, that rants on subjects like politics or religion will most definitely not be welcomed. Safer to avoid such subjects completely; one man's rant is another's reasoned argument.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
True. I just meant that Sean's hilarious post isn't anywhere near borderline.

posted Hide Post
quote:

It wouldn't be the first board I've gotten banned from, although the banning involved an insurrection against moderators who censored any opinion which they disagreed with. Most of the other times I get in trouble the moderators contact with to warn me, usually after complaints were lodged.

Still, I don't think anyone can ban me for quoting Comedy Central.

Posts: 886 | Location: IllinoisReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I think Dale was mostly complaining because he had been banned on another board that has nothing to do with our board.

Were any of our administrators to ban you for that great post...I'd be outta here! (And, remember, I'm one of the administrators.)