Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Sometimes I despair about the intelligence of the general public
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sometimes I despair about the intelligence of the general public Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
The game show Pointless is one of those where 100 members of the public are asked a question. In this case contestants have to find the answers that fewest people gave. Sort of like the show Americans call Family Feud but in reverse. That’s not what I want to mention here though. I want to mention a question from this week. The round was all about black and white animals. They showed a picture and gave alternate letters of the animals name. The one that got me - and trust me, you won’t need the picture - was a picture of a well known animal and the letters given were Z-B-A. Somehow only 76 of the 100 got that right. I want to know what the other 24 said but sadly that information is not part of the format.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
No idea - but our border collie fits the bill. Wink

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Let me give you a clue and a deep dive into wordcraft history - Mr Ed wasn’t one.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post