Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Iron Man Login/Join

Picture of Richard English
posted
I assume I am not the only one who is targeted by the modern version of the snake oil salesmen, offering me everything from cut price loans to hoax telephone calls.

However, one that came today from a company called "Iron Man" did intrige me since it claim that it "Dramatically Enhances Organism".

I was just wondering which organism (among my collection of pets, friends and hangers-on) it will enhance in such a dramatic way!

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
My "mouse" is the organism that occupies a lot of my time nowadays. This morning an orgasmic arthritic spasm of my index finger led me on a wild tour of the Information Highway.

That inadvertent click of my mouse opened one of the 256 unsolicited e-mail advertisements in my e-mail inbox.

Headlined "huge but nice," it offered "Absolutely The Best Penille Enlargement Pill On The Market!"

Intrigued, I sought a definition for penille, whereupon dictionary.com offered a menu of alternatives, including these suggestions:
pensile or pentile or pantile

Your post also brings to mind my neighbor. Giving us a report on her husband, who had gone to the hospital "for tests," she declared, "He has microorgasms in his blood stream."

~~~ jerry

[This message was edited by jerry thomas on Sun Aug 3rd, 2003 at 4:09.]

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like everyone else, I frequently get those pesky pop up ads and emails. I recently discovered that the subject line of emails is what your spam filter looks at. If it finds a word such as "pe*is" spelled correctly, it gets filtered out and you never see it. But if you have "pennis" in there, it lets it through. Think of the spam filter as being much like Bob's "cyberninny" that filters words in our threads and won't let him open them. So, when you see those misspellings in the subject line, they are intentional on the part of the sender.

Posts: 1412 | Location: Buffalo, NY, United StatesReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
Interestingly this misspelling was actually in the body of the email, not the subject line.

I can't remember what that was but it was something deceptive!

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I recently read about a lawsuit by Hormel, the company that makes that delicious (Razz) processed ham, Spam. It seems they don't want their exceptional product ( Roll Eyes) associated with internet spamming.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post