Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Enter the Dragon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enter the Dragon Login/Join

<Proofreader>
posted
Dragon software (speak-to-type) is always being advertised on TV. Does anyone have it or do you know someone who does? I wondered about its usefulness for my wife, who cannot type easily due to arthritis.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
I am sure it's better now - but I uninstalled mine. It took up a lot of coumputer resource and was no quicker than typing for me.

Plus you need a quiet environment; we had a dog at the time I was using Dragon and, if he barked, I got a whole sentence of rubbish.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
Shortly after I rot the post I came across a review which gave it good maks for rough drafts but warns that tech support is not free and is very expensive.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Shu uses it. I'll ask him, Proof. I think he likes it, and I know he has never needed tech support. Sometimes it doesn't understand the words, though it is much better than the other voice recognition software he has used.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post