Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Miss Pronouncer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Miss Pronouncer Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
The is a great article in Chicago's Reader about pronunciations of cities in Wisconsin. There are some other great facts, too, like that Wisconsin has eight towns/cities/villages named Washington, seven named Scott, seven named Union, and 12 Lincolns. Whew! I bet there are a lot of mail mix-ups.

Here is Miss Pronounciation's Blog. Link

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
quote:
Whew! I bet there are a lot of mail mix-ups.

That's what zip coes are for.

I was in Jerusalem and Wyoming in the same hour once. And without leaving Rhode Island.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What do you smoke in Rhode Island, Proof? Wink

Geoff, about fifteen miles from Wankers Corners

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6172 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
Jerusalem is on the south coast, Wyoming about 20 miles north. I can even visit Bristol, Warwick, and Coventry without setting foot in England.

Massachusetts even has the distinction of having two towns named for one governor. Endicott Peabody has the town of Peabody and also Marblehead named for him.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's what zip coes are for.
As we say in Chicago, that and a dollar fifty will get you on the CTA (except it's $2.25 now).

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post