Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Get your geek on. Support the library
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Get your geek on. Support the library Login/Join

Picture of arnie
posted
Whatever you geek, the public library supports you. Join Geek the Library in spreading awareness about the value of libraries and the critical funding issues they face.

http://geekthelibrary.org/

Hat-tip: Ben Zimmer on Visual Thesaurus.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few days ago as I was unpacking stuff I ran across a yard sign advocating library use. It now resides by the driveway.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6169 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
That's an interesting use of the word. On Hat-tip, I found this older definition of geek funny: "carnival performer specializing in such acts as biting the heads off live chickens." That would be a perfect daffynition for our bluffing game.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post