Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Geek joke or "Why Physicists Don't Get Invited To Parties"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Geek joke or "Why Physicists Don't Get Invited To Parties" Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
The lesson this week is very straightforward. In essence the students choose a location, some characters and a situation and write - then perform - a brief sketch.

From one group of (presumably) physics enthusiasts among my English students.

------------------------------------------

Einstein and Newton are playing together in Heaven.

Einstein: Do you want to play hide and seek,Newton?
Newton: OK, Einstein.
Einstein: I'll close my eyes and you hide.
Newton: OK

<Einstein closes eyes>
<Newton draws a one metre square on the ground and stands in the middle of it.>

Einstein: Are you ready?
Newton: Yes, I'm ready.

<Einstein opens eyes>

Einstein: Hello Pascal. Where is Newton?

-------------------------------------------------------------

It took me few seconds to figure out and I have a physics A-level (admittedly from a long time ago.)

This level of humour explains why physicists never get invited to the more interesting parties.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I had to look it up online, but apparently it isn't original: Link; Link; Link Link; Link; Link Link; and there is even a postcard about it.

I have to say, I kinda like the Electron Cafe name that was in one of those links.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kalleh,

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
It went entirely above my head as well. Thanks for the links explaining it, Kalleh.

I'm surprised it hasn't been used on The Big Bang Theory - some of the versions (with expositions) sound just like something Sheldon would say.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post