Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Huh? Login/Join

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
This from Treehugger.com: Popeye was right. Spinach and other high vibe fruits and veggies do a body good. Even the Center for Disease Control and Prevention suggests having vegetables and fruits take up the largest portion of your plate and for this reason, many dieticians recommend doing the majority of your shopping around the parameter of the store (where produce is typically found).

Parameter? And what the heck is "high vibe?" Does eating veggies cause stupidity?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
If the produce producer's an amateur
You'll find produce at the parameter.
His computer computes
High-vibe veggies and fruits
Radiating squares of the diameter.

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I thought there was some mistake, but I have found that " High Vibe " is a company that started in 1993 in NY, selling products to the "raw community" and providing dietary counseling. The term must have begun being used after that. I learned another term when I was looking this up: raw foodism .

I can't see how "parameter" works, though.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:
I can't see how "parameter" works, though.

I think the word they wanted was "perimeter."

Posts: 2878 | Location: Shoreline, WA, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
That's what I was thinking, Tinman. I just looked up parameter to see if I've missed one of its definitions, but I haven't.

Interestingly, one of my committees has been talking about the word parameter recently. We had wanted a more gentle word than "barrier" and the choice was "parameter." Instead of talking about regulatory barriers, we're calling them parameters. That's one reason why this thread piqued my interest.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
As nearly as I can recall, I've used the word "parameter" only once. It was several years ago when I had contacted a couple of elderly American professors who were about to leave Taiwan to return to the USA. One of them replied to my invitation to stop by Hawaii on their way, "We need to know what the parameters are."

My response:

"We'll show you pretty gardens, zoologic and botanical, and lava flows, both cold and hot, of origin volcanical. And you can talk with experts, professionals and amateurs, who'll answer all your questions with regard to the parameters."

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post