Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Sugarplum, etc.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sugarplum, etc. Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
What are some of your pet words for people you love? Eg, when signing a note to my husband, I sign it: Your Royal Lover or YRL. I used to call my baby chubby-cheeked chickadee. Others:
Baby Cakes
Honey Bunch
Baby Doll
Pumpkin

How about yours? razz

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
boo
sugar cookie
puddin' pie
naner puddin'
miss thang
razz

Posts: 166 | Location: pointssouth, u.s.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I call everyone darlin...so that doesn't count! wink

Honey
Babe
Baby
Sweety
M'love

Posts: 1412 | Location: Buffalo, NY, United StatesReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i had a sheltie/border collie mix named Whitby. we really loved him and he had so many nicknames. he was fat in the can (hence Crisco), and he had a skin problem that caused his hair to fall out so (squaam, chemo) and he tried to eat anything (garbage bird, porkbutt, figby and el puerco). as you can see, he was the main source of amusement. very loving and totally clueless. i miss him. l

Posts: 166 | Location: pointssouth, u.s.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Cute names for your border collie (we have one, too!), Wildflowerchild. However, I must say that my favorite is naner puddin'. big grinThat is a real keeper!
Reminds me of a few more nicknames for my kids:
baby face
the pistol!
schweetz

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My daughter was the one with the nicnames when she was small...

Moptop
Scooter

and my favorite....

Wanzingy!

(Wanzingy is a Korean word meaning monkey and is said with lots of gusto!) big grin

Posts: 1412 | Location: Buffalo, NY, United StatesReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nicknames can also be a result of rhyme rather than behavioral characteristcs or appearances. My hubby's family is huge and it was a culture shock coming from a modest, nuclear setting to what struck me as a small county fair when his folks had their reunions. The kids all got tagged and labeled in ways that 'stuck' in the family probably for life. Our daughter had "Jean" for a middle name, and so picked up both "Green Jeans" (from the Captain Kangaroo character) and an off shoot of that, "Green Beans" which evolved into "Beaner"; always spoken with an affectionate laugh at reunions, even tho she is now 30.

Posts: 23 | Location: MinnesotaReply With QuoteReport This Post