Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    "Hedge Rage"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Hedge Rage" Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
Well, I have heard of "Road Rage" here in the U.S., but not "hedge rage". Anyone heard of this in the U.S.? Confused

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess some people will argue about anything. The arguing is one thing, the shotgun and the noose are another thing though!

Posts: 1412 | Location: Buffalo, NY, United StatesReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Brits, where are you? Is this really big in England, or are these stories overblown? There was another story in the NY Times that said one case has established in English common law a "definition" of hedge. In another part of that article, it said that there are an estimated 100,000 victims of neighbor-inflicted hedge improprieties across Britain. Is this true???

Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
I did check to see that this story was not printed on April 1st...!

Hedgeline? Well, maybe. 4000 paid-up members I can believe - that's about one in 15,000 of the population. However, the 100,000 figure can only be guesswork. There are disputes between naighbours, that's a certaintu. However, this article is rather silly to my mind and I suspect there was a singular dearth of news on that day!

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Here's the article.

posted Hide Post
I shouldn't have thought hedgeline was particularly rich a charity (if they are one) because of their web address:

http://freespace.virgin.net/clare.h/

Posts: 150 | Location: Amsterdam, NetherlandsReply With QuoteReport This Post