Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    dating a neologism
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

dating a neologism Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
dale, I don't think I'll find it useful for dating neologisms as that's something I don't do, however I have used it a couple of times for info on Alice in Wonderland and The Wizard of Oz and it was useful. Doubtless though you find the same problem as me, practically every site returned displays two or three lines either from the start of an article or as an abstract and then asks you to pay for the rest.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I don't do that, either, Dale. But I'm glad you find it useful.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
k: The last post is shown as

Mon Nov 06, 2006 20:10 by Kalleh

...even though several posts followed yours. Not a big thing but you might want to report this to arnie or whoever does those things

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Dale,

What do you mean by "last post"? Do you mean Kalleh's one immediately above yours? If so, the only one following it is your post, so I don't understand your problem. Since I'm in a different time zone it appears to me as having been made at 4.10 AM on 7 November; what's wrong with that?

EDIT: it just occurred to me that you might be referring to the Potpourri forum topic list at https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/frm/f/741603894 - since both you and I have now posted to this thread our names will have appeared, and for all I know someone else may post to this topic after I do.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post