Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    hopelessly square
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

hopelessly square Login/Join

Picture of zmježd
posted
Nancy E. Anderson, at the Chicago Tribune, is embarrassed by her uncool email address (link).
quote:
Or what if I conveyed the image that I worked on a computer powered by a brontosaurus on a bicycle (think Flintstones) and therefore didn't know about Facebook or wouldn't be able to download a big PDF? Could I still be considered reasonably smart and culturally aware with an America's Oldest Luddites address?

Ceci n'est pas un seing.

Posts: 5148 | Location: R'lyehReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As well she should. Remember, remember eternal September!

Posts: 1242 | Location: San FranciscoReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brontosaurus? Now THAT's uncool. Doesn't she know it changed its name eons ago?

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6170 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
AOL? Yes, definitely uncool. I had one of those, and it was the worst email of all.

We can beat her, though. We had a Commodore 64 way, way back. Indeed, we had one of the first computers on the north shore, but soon everyone caught up with, and then passed, us. Commodore reminded me of Apple. It was way ahead of its time, but didn't realize it and therefore didn't market it as a home computer (rather than a game machine).

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Yes, I had an AOL account for a while as well, preceded by CompuServe. With that, you had to have a numerical email address (when they got around to providing email to the world outside CS) such as "1111999@compuserve.com".

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had to buy a used Commodore when I was going through cognitive rehabilitation since the program the neuropsychologist had was written for it and it alone.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6170 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post