Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Not how I'd use the word "great"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not how I'd use the word "great" Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
I went to get some money from the ATM this morning. Displayed on the ATM was the message - "Great Current Account Interest Rates". This is a rather interesting message given that over the last year the interest rate on that particular account has fallen from over 4% to under 0.5% and that only a few days ago I received a letter from the bank telling me that it was being "reduced" to 0%.

They have, however, changed the name from a "High Interest Current Account" to just a "Current Account".

Apart from the need to pay things by direct debit I might as well keep that money in a box under the bed. I wonder how long it will be before they "reduce" it further and start charging me a fee to look after my money.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I hear you, Bob. The same is occurring here.

Related to "great," I have recently realized that I use that word way too much. I don't know why, either, because I don't like it that much.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post