Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Do you have cojones?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you have cojones? Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
I was reading a hilarious editorial in the Chicago Tribune that I couldn't find online, but I did find this similar one from the LA Times. The "no cojones" comment caused me to look up the word, and in doing so I found this quiz. I thought you might enjoy it! I got a 40, which means I have "major cojones when the situation calls for it - but at other times I prefer to play it safe."

What did you get? Wink

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris J. Strolin
posted Hide Post
I scored a 60 but the text was the same as yours, Kalleh. What that means, I'm not sure. If we're ever in a bar fight together, I suppose I'll be glad to have you and your 40 points on my side.

On an unrelated matter, I couldn't help but note that the test took an awkward stab at avoiding gender bias in one of their questions:

It's your first day at a new job. Your new boss pats you on the butt as you are walking bye. Do you:
Tell them to keep their hands off you.
Keep the incident a secret.
Anonymously report the jerk to Human Resources.

Tell the new boss to keep "their hands" off you? This was obviously intended to sidestep the "his/her" construction but it ends up bringing to mind conjoined twins.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Good point, CJ, and I missed that nuance completely. I thought that was a strange question...especially for the men, though I suppose I am a bit old-school when it comes to situations like that. I do remember the "Friends" episode where Chandler's boss kept slapping his tush.

I was honest with that one, though the women's lib people would be dismayed. I figured that if it were my first day on the job, I had better keep it to myself. Down the road, that would definitely change, though. I'd say something to him or her (you never know!) first, and then I'd go to HR.

CJ, I can't imagine that you and I are similar with cojones...60, in reality, must be a lot different from 40. Wink

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I scored 10.
It's a wonder I had the cojones to post this.

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
I got a zero. Question 4 has no answer to which I could attest, and the "them" reference regarding the boss doesn't work for me either, and since there are no apartments near my house, the screaming resident question is irrelevant.

Asa the meek old grump

PS: This background color made me look for a baby wipe for my computer screen.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
I got 55 here. I failed on the physical things - skydiving and running with bulls. Apparently, physical limitations wimp you out.

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Posts: 5149 | Location: Columbus, OhioReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
How is skydiving a physical limitation? They shove you out of the plane regardless of your physical condition. While I LOVE to fly little, "dangerous" airplanes, and have had a pilot's license, I would NEVER think of jumping out of a perfectly good airplane!!!

As for running with bulls, I would much rather use my cojones for their intended perpose rather than having them torn off by some critter's horns.

Thus I conclude that what this test is REALLY about is whether one controls one's testosterone, or one's testosterone controls him or her.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
Aha - brains over hormones - the age old struggle. Nicely put, Asa.

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Posts: 5149 | Location: Columbus, OhioReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
I scored 60 as well - although some of the answers (especially to number 4 - where I'd have said and done nothing) are all wrong for me.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post