Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    "Ate, Shot, and Left"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Ate, Shot, and Left" Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Jerry, we don't have anything to do with AWAD, I assure you. That's another word board.

It had to be after July 13, 2002, because on that day we had our very first post. Five years is a long time for a forum, and we have our members to thank for that.

quote:
It does have a beautiful rhythm .,,
Hmmm, sounds like you've been on OEDILF. Wink

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
It was October 19. when I responded to WordCrafter's post.

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Jerry, you can change the way Wordcraft displays dates by going to your Personal Zone > Preferences and altering the time and date format to one which includes the year.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
Thanks, arnie. Done!!

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
It does have a beautiful rhythm .,,
Hmmm, sounds like you've been on OEDILF. Wink

Excuse my ignorance, but I don't know what OEDILF is.
I haven't been on whatever it is.

Posts: 46 | Location: Granada, SpainReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
quote:
May I supply an example for your consideration. Where would this piece be improved by the addition of punctuation?

I suppose it depends on your intended audience. As it stands it's a difficult piece of reading - although its beauty is evident. But I suspect that there are some who would give up trying to get through it.

There are many examples of works that need explanation in order that they can be clear to some readers; punctuation is just one of many aids to comprehension that can obviate the necessity for explanatory notes.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post