Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    How does this work?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How does this work? Login/Join

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Hey, you computer whizzes, how does this number game work?
http://www.quizyourprofile.com/guessyournumber.swf

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Choosing the color on the first page narrows it to 5 numbers, and choosing the house with your number narrows it down to one. The other stuff is just there to distract you.

Posts: 1242 | Location: San FranciscoReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
Yes. But there is still a choice of three doors on the last frame - all of which have different numbers.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
quote:
all of which have different numbers

I wonder. My guess is that the number you chose appears behind whichever door you click on. Later clicks on the doors will load different numbers simply for the sake of confusion.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Arnie, I thought that was so blindingly obvious it wasn't worth even mentioning. Of course whichever "door" you click on reveals the number you thought of. The program will animate the door to do just that and then animating the others will reveal different numbers.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
I did wonder whether that was the case after I'd chosen a door at random. Obviously I couldn't choose a door with my house number since my house has no number.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah. I can see all that..ahhhh...I think. But, tell me this: why are there five houses of six numbers each rather than five houses of five numbers? The numbers 26 to 30 don't appear in the first selection, only in the last. Lemme guess..it's more symmetrical and more confusing! Wink

Posts: 249 | Location: CanadaReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, but that's not even well done. I feel offended as a mathematician that they didn't try to put any math into it.

Posts: 886 | Location: IllinoisReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Seanahan:
I'm sorry, but that's not even well done. I feel offended as a mathematician that they didn't try to put any math into it.

Rejoice that they left you out! As a carpenter, I feel offended by the look of those chintzy little houses. Wink

Posts: 249 | Location: CanadaReply With QuoteReport This Post