Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Hilarious but uncategorizable
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hilarious but uncategorizable Login/Join

Picture of Hic et ubique
posted
This is far to good not to share, but I have no idea where it fits on the board. This place seems as good as any. I'm quoting a quote, so I can't vouch that it's either accurate or current, but why should that stand in the way of a good story?
    In Nigeria a boy who finishes grade school is known as a megotbuk [me-got-book], a boy who graduates from college is a bigbigbuk, and the exceptional young man who has studied at Oxford and returns home is a bintojaguarfridgful -- a contraction for "He has been to England and has come home with a Jaguar and enough money to keep a refrigerator full of frozen foods."

Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
Good one, Hic!

I did a Google on bintojaguarfridgful and found it's in an introductory lecture for an interesting course called The Magic of Language

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Funny, Hic! Big Grin Sounds like a good one for Snopes. Roll Eyes

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post