Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    D'oh, Part 2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

D'oh, Part 2 Login/Join

Picture of C J Strolin
posted

Question:
Let's turn this one around. From the viewpoint of the average American (not that we have any here - we're all notably above average) who might you consider the greatest Englishman/woman? The following suggestions are in alphabetical order. (Sorry, but the poll feature here apparently only allows for five choices.)

All Wordcrafters are invited to vote, regardless of nationality or lack thereof.

Choices:
The Beatles (as a group or any individual)
Winston Churchill
Lady Diana
Monty Python's Flying Circus (as a group or any individual)
Other

Posts: 1517 | Location: Illinois, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C J Strolin
posted Hide Post
To start this one out, I voted for the Beatles. Yes, yes, I fully realize that Churchill's contribution to our present day prosperity and well-being is beyond measure but still... If Churchill made today possible, the Beatles made it so much fun.

Wonder what they might have accomplished had they featured John Cleese on keyboards? ("Eric the Half a Bee, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!")

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
As I have posted numerous times, Winston Churchill is my hero, so I had to vote for him!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C J Strolin
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... I'm a tad disappointed. I would have thought that the Beatles would be higher at this point. Possibly if I had limited the poll to Yanks? (But that wouldn't have been right.)

Plus, I would have picked "Other" for the #2 spot since there are so many to choose from. Who received that one "other" vote??