Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Heart attack: early warning
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heart attack: early warning Login/Join

Picture of shufitz
posted
This isn't word-related, but you'll be interested to know that they've discovered a extremely-early warning sign of risk of heart attack. Though this sign is of course of no personal concern to anyone here, it might be important to someone you know. From today's paper:

A Surprising Risk Factor for Heart Disease in Men
Some studies show that erectile dysfunction, or ED, may be one of the earliest warning signs of heart disease, giving men as much as three years' notice before more serious symptoms show up. … "The penis is a barometer of the health of the vascular system," says _________. … The reason erectile function is so closely linked with heart and vascular health is that the penis is sustained by two main arteries. If a man has vascular disease that causes narrowing of the arteries or plaque buildup, the damage often shows up first in the small penile arteries rather than the larger arteries leading to his heart.

The conclusion? Basically what is a heart-healthy lifestyle is also good for erections.

Posts: 2666 | Location: Chicago, IL USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Basically what is a heart-healthy lifestyle is also good for erections.
And is the converse also true?

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
Can anyone help me by creating a First Line ?

Does erectile dysfunction retard one?
We asked a professor
A Father Confessor
Who said, "Goodness, my son! That's a hard one."

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm....I don't really like any of these, but you posed an interesting problem. So here's what I was able to come up with. Perhaps they'll help some other enterprising soul to improve on the subject.

Concerned as to how we regard fun,
or
When worried we were to safeguard fun,
or
Dare you ask of my sex life? En garde Son!

That's all that I can think of off-hand (no pun intended)

Bob

Posts: 56 | Location: Santa Clara County, CAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
How about a variant of Bob's first suggestion?

Concerned how often we have fun,

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post