Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Get a grip
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Get a grip Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
It would be nice if people found something better to complain about. I have seen a number of posts recently in various places moaning about the trend for companies to use a “lamda” in place of a capital A in their logos. What’s the problem? It’s just an orthographic style choice like including an arrow in the FedEx logo. The world will not go to hell because of a design choice. Some people need to get a grip.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A grip on what? Orthography? Sure, orthography changes over time, else we'd still be using thorns and ligatures wouldn't be out of style, but changing just to be "trendy" bugs the shit outa me. But then my opinion counts for naught.

Posts: 6169 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Totally agree about society needing to get a grip these days. Half the people on Twitter need to get a grip (all those who don't agree with me, of course).

Speaking of which, I then looked up "get a grip" and found this interesting link.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post