Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Cost of the sequester
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cost of the sequester Login/Join

<Proofreader>
posted
Yesterday my elected representative in Washington sent me his monthly e-mail detailing his accomplishments for the period. They basically were a recount of the number of speeches he's made, to no useful effect.

But I noticed in his e-mail there was something missing. Whether it's due to cost-cutting, penny-pinching, or some other effect of the sequester, this individual is not using apostrophes.

At first I thought it was a typo, but then I noticed that every contraction in his post was missing a necessary punctuation. "I'll, I've, it'll, I'm" had all become "Ill, Ive, itll, and Im".

Is this a trend of just bureaucratic incompetency?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They've sequestered all who can punctuate.

Posts: 6172 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
This is a bit of an alarmest article, but it concludes that commas will disappear. Interestingly, as I searched online for information on the apostrophe disappearing, most of the comments and articles about it came from England.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post