Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    opportunistic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

opportunistic Login/Join

posted
I ran upon the following whilst deleting old email and thought it might make an appropo thread:

Bush recently demonstrated progress in his use of the tongue when he pronounced "silicon" correctly. But then in the next sentence I swear that he went on to describe America as an "opportunistic society." I wonder if you heard this too, and whether he actually used the former term as he had intended. -- Dale

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Whether this is true or appocryphal I couldn't say. It is however very widely repeated on the internet which means if it isn't true now it will be eventually. That's how the modern world's consensus definition of "true" works.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zmježd
posted Hide Post
appropo

Ain't never seen it spelt that away. Not that it shouldn't, not that it cain't. La!

Ceci n'est pas un seing.

Posts: 5148 | Location: R'lyehReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bob: Not appocryphal, heard it w my own ears