Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    A propos of nothing ....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A propos of nothing .... Login/Join

Picture of jerry thomas
posted
World Clock gives up-to-the-minute World Population figures. See it change before your startled eyes.
I'm not talented at arithmetic, but I'm predicting that the World Population will be 6,666,666,666 on 2 March 2008. What's your guess?

(Today it's 6,655,470,000 more or less)

Observation :: The production of computers since 1 January (12 million more or less) has slightly exceeded the net production of human beings (eleven million more or less) in the same time period.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jerry thomas,

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Jerry, you posted this site before, and I noticed this then. Do you find some of the categories they choose to identify as a bit, shall we say, politically inspired? I am speaking of the US illegal immigration population and abortions. Just wondering. Beyond that, I find it a great site.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
The U.S. prison population -- right now at 2,274,296 -- bothers me a lot. When we consider that about half of them are there because they violated the insane laws against marijuana, a truly benign substance, and when we consider that it is costing us about $65 per day to provide each of them with shelter, food, clothing, and medical care, while eliminating them from being taxpayers .... yes, it bothers me.

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post