Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    This would go in the Community Forum if it hadn't disappeared
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This would go in the Community Forum if it hadn't disappeared Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
Four days and four minutes from now I will get into a taxi to take me to the airport to leave China. And I suspect the culture shock at returning to an England so vastly and disastrously changed since I left is going to be considerable worse than the culture shock when I came here. There is virtually nothing about my return that I can honestly say that I am looking forward to. Anyway it will mean that for a while I may be off line although given the fact that there is so very little going on here in wordcraft it might be that nobody notices. I will be back when I can.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shall notice. I look forward to your opportunity to present an unique perspective to England and the UK on the road wrongly taken. Publish it here, publish it in The Guardian. Publish it in the New York Times. Publish!

Posts: 6171 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bob, are you back on line yet?

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
I am

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geoff:
I shall notice. I look forward to your opportunity to present an unique perspective to England and the UK on the road wrongly taken. Publish it here, publish it in The Guardian. Publish it in the New York Times. Publish!

Returning to England has reversed the old adage. Publish and be damned has become be damned and publish.

posted Hide Post
If you're damned either way, you might as well see some good in it.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Welcome home, Bob. I know you loved your time in China and don't feel great returning to England, so I am hesitant to say anything the other way. But, as you know, I have always loved and respected England. Yes, there are limitations, but there are limitations everywhere (certainly in my country!). However, while the people in China for the most part are good, let's face it, the leaders are not. I'd never trust China.

Sorry to get all political here.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post