Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    A suggestion for your now-out-of-office leaders
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A suggestion for your now-out-of-office leaders Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
It occurs to me that now that Donald Trump and Mike Pence are no longer in office the time is ripe for them to star in a new remake of the 1970s TV series The Odd Couple.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BobHale,

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Or, maybe a remake of The Apprentice - The Ex-Apprentice.

I am very proud to say that I never watched an episode of that stupid show. I always thought he was an arrogant fool.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
I have watched a lot of the British Version with Alan Sugar in the DT position but it's a very different beast. Alan Sugar is also quite full of himself but he plays it with a kind of knowing nod towards how ridiculous the whole show is. I have seen one single episode of the US version and there is a big difference beyond the presenter. The contestants. The US contestants seem to be uniformly drawn from the type of people who are arrogantly assured that they are the finest, best and brightest minds in the country who, if it came down to it couldn't boil an egg or change a lightbulb. Some of the British ones try (unsuccessfully) to adopt that same attitude but generally come over as a bunch of bumbling, if often amiable, incompetents. The tasks - and the way they approach them - are also very different. I can't imagine a US contestant - given the task of selling sausage in a French market - coming up with the idea of trying to construct a makeshift hotplate from an upturned can and a couple of candles to cook it on.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BobHale,

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'll watch the UK version then. I'll certainly never watch a US version.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post