Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    And the opposite of “plan” is...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And the opposite of “plan” is... Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
Actually what is the opposite of plan? I ask because Boris’s “living with Covid” plan is to get rid of all the rules and restrictions which is surely as opposite to “a plan” as it’s possible to get. Frankly I think the idea that we are in a topsy-turvy Alice In Wonderland world is wrong. We have gone full blown “1984”. If I ruled a country I would put a 100% ban on ALL travelers from the Uk now. Welcome to Airstrip One formerly known as the England.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.wordhippo.com/what...ite-of/planning.html Airstrip One? Is that your first introduction to the Mile High Club?https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mile_high_club

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
As I am sure you know in Orwell’s 1984 sex is only permitted as an act of procreation so stripping, in the air or otherwise, might result in a visit to room 101.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BobHale,

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Almost every word in your link seems to be a perfect description of Boris Johnson.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Yes, I did the same thing as Geoff. I am thinking these three are the best opposites:

autoschediasm (new to me)
impulsion
improvisation

I suspect we are going that route, too, Bob. I think everyone is just tired of doing this for 2 years - except for China. I'll keep wearing a mask, but I don't think it will be required after the end of February in Illinois.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:
I suspect we are going that route, too, Bob. I think everyone is just tired of doing this for 2 years - except for China. I'll keep wearing a mask, but I don't think it will be required after the end of February in Illinois.

So what do you think will kill us first?
Is it option a)
A new variant of Covid that decimates the population because in the west people have decided that the best protection is to pretend there isn't a problem because anything you don't know about doesn't exist.

Or is it option b)
World War III when Putin takes Ukraine and triggers a nuclear conflict.

Or could it be option c)
Mass suicide by people who just can't face living in the kind of world we all live in nowadays.

Personally I favour d)
The aliens who have been living among us and observing our ways decide that the only way to protect the Universe is to "take off and nuke the entire site from orbit*".

(*and before it happens, who can identify the source of the quote?)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BobHale,

posted Hide Post
Hmmmmm... Douglas Adams?

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geoff:
Hmmmmm... Douglas Adams?
Nope. Completely the wrong type of sf.