Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Whoever names hurricanes isn't Jewish
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whoever names hurricanes isn't Jewish Login/Join

posted
Hurricane Isaac!!! It ain't no laughing matter! (In case you didn't know, "Isaac" means "He laughs" ) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Geoff,

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6172 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine the difficulty of looking up the meaning of every hurricane name?

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:
Can you imagine the difficulty of looking up the meaning of every hurricane name?

Wow, yeah! Twenty seconds gone from some National Weather Service schlemiel's life! All those tax dollars wasted! Mercy, what was I thinking! Roll Eyes Forget Clint Eastwood talking to a chair, I'm go into the toilet and talk to a stool.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Geoff,

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6172 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Well, I suppose you are right. It wouldn't take that long to research the meaning of names. I just couldn't come up with another reason.

There is so much on the Internet about Clint , isn't there? So funny! Loved his hair...rather similar to Quinion's, wouldn't you say? And, like Quinion he is. Heck, he may inspire a word of the year: "eastwooding". We probably will see an OED entry for "eastwooding" before "epicaricacy." Wink The interview was so painful....not only the "ah's" and "umms"...but the bloopers were amazing. For example, it was hilarious that he thought we no longer needed a lawyer in the presidency, but we now need a businessman. Does he realize that Romney is lawyer, too? Oh my. Even Romney's wife said that his time should have been truncated.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post