Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Confidence in the educators?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Confidence in the educators? Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
I've recently completed (and passed) two of the assignments for my Certificate of Education course. I can't help thinking that I'd have had more confidence in the marking if the following two comments hadn't been included by the marker.

(In the body of the assignment)

" learning is a very dynamic process and unplanned activities can sometimes be more pervasive."

(On the front sheet summary)

"I like the way that you acknowledge the dynamic nature of the learning process within your professional practice - unplanned learning can often be the most pervasive."

While I agree with the sentiment she is trying to express I think it might have been better had she used the correct word (persuasive) to express it.

I do not believe for a moment that she intends me to believe that unplanned learning is sometimes spread throughout education.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Oh, Bob, that would be hilarious, were it not so sad! The fact is, I hadn't realized the misuse of the word (since it is used that way twice I cannot call it a typo); therefore, before reading your "persuasive" comment, I searched through the dictionaries about her use of "pervasive," trying to see what other meaning she may have meant. Of course, you are right; she just used the wrong word!

Anyway, congratulations on passing! Cool

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post