Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Just in time...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just in time... Login/Join

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Subject: 123456; Trivia
On Wednesday of next week, at two minutes and three seconds after 1:00 in the morning, the time and date will be 01:02:03 04/05/06. Aren't you thrilled? Roll Eyes

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Wow! That really is kind of neat when you think about it.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Asa... I'll be watching the clock!

Posts: 3737 | Location: Georgia, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm always thrilled when the date and time can be expressed in binary(ignoring the millenium). Just a little under 4 years and then two years like that. Come Decemeber 2011, we'll have to wait almost a century.

Posts: 886 | Location: IllinoisReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
quote:
01:02:03 04/05/06

Only in the 15% of the world that is the USA. Elsewhere it will be 01.02.03.05.04.06, since the internationally agreed date designation is day - month - year.

Even the USA has agreed to this and US government departments now use the international system. As yet, though, the general US public do not - to the occasional confusion of the rest of the world.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah well - We'll just have to wait for the 4th of May, lol.

Posts: 669 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Computer programmers and others would put the year before the day and the month, so that would ruin things.

They'd either use 01.02.03.06.05.04, or worse, 01.02.03.2006.05.04.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How well I remember May 4th,1967. My English teacher came into the room and said "This is a special day. You'll have to wait eleven years for something similar. It's 4/5/67." I found that to be fascinating. That woman is still a friend of mine.

Posts: 249 | Location: CanadaReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somebody someone reported that 01:02:03 04/05/06 would never happen again, but surely this occurs every 100 years! Perhaps the year 6789 will be unique, with 01:02:03 4/5/6789. Even Nov 11(or Jan 1), 1111 isn't unique, as 11:11:11 11/11/1111 will occur again in 11,111, or if you want it even, 111,111. Obviously none of us are going to be alive for any this, although living to 2106 isn't implausible for some of us.

Besides the obvious errors, I just can't bring myself to care.

Posts: 886 | Location: IllinoisReply With QuoteReport This Post