Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    I am not certain who I am quoting...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am not certain who I am quoting... Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
Without going into specifics - because they are unnecessary - when I see 99% of the comments on the internet I am moved to consider that I wish I was as certain of anything as the commenters seem to be of everything.
(And I am aware that I am quoting but not sure who I am quoting, as indeed seems to be the general case ... which seems to support my case.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BobHale,

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, the paradoxes of life! As my father ysed to say, "Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see." That "half of what you see" is now as suspect as hearing or reading.

I think (dangerous, that!) that Mark Twain wrote something peripheral to this. I'll dig around and see if I can find it.

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Hey Geoff. Quick question. Can you see the link in what I posted above? For some reason links are never underlined on my laptop but always on my phone. If anyone else has this problem the link is the text "as indeed seems to be the general case"
It should take you to the appropriate page of the Quote Investigator site.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Quote Investigator comes up, and the link is underlined. One of the few things that still work here in Taliban West.

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post