Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    How to speak like a Chicagoan...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to speak like a Chicagoan... Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
With the Hockey Stanley Cup finals being held between Chicago and Boston, there is a lot of teasing about our regional words. The Tribune had a piece about Bostonian words in the Sunday edition, but I can't find it online, and I am not home to find it. Here is Boston's perspective of speaking like a Chicagoan (though I think they are pushing the envelope).

When I am home on Wednesday, I'll find the article with Chicago's version of Boston. I remember a few, like "bubbler" for water fountain, but I don't remember them all.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
Perhaps this is what you were seeking.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
It wasn't. Mine was in the Chicago Tribune, and I'll be home tomorrow to get it. Unfortunately sometimes articles from the Tribune aren't available online.

But yours is good too. The one that sticks out to me is the "bubbler" for "drinking fountain," though I know we've discussed that here before.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post