Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Vocabulary Forum    The great Eskimo vocabulary hoax
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The great Eskimo vocabulary hoax Login/Join

posted

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
It looks really good, Goofy. I'm about to go to bed, but will definitely read it. Thanks!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
Hopefully, the next one will be Spanish, according to the Donald.ylly,

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
A good corrective: "Smilla's Sense of Snow"(novel 1992, Hoeg). As I recall there was no reference at all to a dizzying vocabulary for snow, just a highly-honed ability to read into marks & degree of melting/freezing at the edge of marks, for tracking purposes.

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
That reminds me of the day I went in a book store and found a bound book but all the pages were blank. I asked the clerk about it and he told me it was thirty-nine dollars. I couldn't believe the price for a book with nothing in it. "It's actually a highly technical Eskimo treatise on snow. Those white pages are illustrations."

posted Hide Post
In the not too distant future there will be an Eskimo legend beginning with, "Back when we had something called snow..."

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
As the polar bear said her youngster, Look cold. Here comes Natiopnal Geo photographrr"