Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Questions & Answers about Words    Is there a word in English that means "god-stealing"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a word in English that means "god-stealing" Login/Join

posted
I know that diacide means "godkilling" but is there a word that means "god-stealing"?

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
quote:
diacide
deicide, actually.

The Greek κλέπτω (Latinised as klepto) means "I steal". So a "deiklept" would be a "god-stealer", although I suspect I've just invented it as it doesn't appear in a Google search.

There are several Latin words with a meaning of "I steal" such as capio or corripio, I suppose you could coin something along the lines of "deicapier" or similar.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I figured it would be something like that. I saw Latin "to steal" is clepsere or clepere, so I thought maybe diaclepsere or diaclepere, but deiklept sounds better. Those dang deikleptos.