Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo chicken??? Login/Join

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
While wandering through a yuppie food store today, I saw something called, "Buffalo chicken." Not even modern genetics can pull THAT off, so what the &!@%$@)! are those silly people trying to convey to the dense masses of which I am a member?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zmježd
posted Hide Post
Mayhaps it's where buffalo wings come from? (It worked cuz whatever it is because you remembered it.) It couldn't be chicken from Buffalo, NY, processed by Buffalo Gals, could it?

Ceci n'est pas un seing.

Posts: 5148 | Location: R'lyehReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
If you recall, our own Morgan, who was from Buffalo, very much disliked the phrase Buffalo wings.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Well, fine. Now I'm satisfied that the name springs form Buffalo, NY, not the shaggy wild bovine. I guess they didn't copyright the name, or else Hole - or was it Whole - Foods, the yuppie grocery I mentioned, couldn't have called their concoction "Buffalo."

Picture of zmježd
posted Hide Post
Whole Foods

Funny, I know them more as a union-busting market that started in Austin, TX, almost around the time that the word yuppie was coined. Why do you give them your custom when you so distain them?

Ceci n'est pas un seing.

Posts: 5148 | Location: R'lyehReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Sunflower dragged me into it.At their prices, they can afford to pay union wages and then some!!!