Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Questions & Answers about Words    Learning languages on the Web
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Learning languages on the Web Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
There was a good article in the NYT about learning languages on the Web: Link. Have any of you tried these sites? They sound good.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had not heard of them, but think I'll gove one or two a try! Thanks!

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6169 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Here are a few of the sites they mentioned:

1) Livemocha, which seems to be an excellent one.

2) My Language Exchange, which doesn't seem to be structured as well as Livemocha.

3) RhonoSpike where you can hear native speakers.

4) Then there are sites that help people practice English and add other services, including a dating service: Using English, English, Baby!, and englishcafe.

I loved this example:
quote:
The message from the 14-year-old Tunisian skateboarder was curt. “Totally wrong,” he said of my French. My conjugation was off and I should study spelling. On a scale of one to five, he said, my French practice essay was worth a one. Then he disappeared into the anonymity of the Internet.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post