Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Points? Login/Join

Picture of Caterwauller
posted
I am a member of Weight Watchers and I go to meetings nearly every week. They actually have a couple of different "plans" you can follow for your eating, but the one I most often use is the flex program that involves keeping track of "points". (Don't worry, I'm getting to my point eventually). There is a way of figuring out how many points a portion of food is if you know how many grams of fiber, grams of fat and calories the portion has. There is a nifty little slide-rule type thing to use in determining points.

Anyway, at the meeting last week, one of the other attendees said "after I go grocery shopping, I "point out" all my foods and use a marker to write it on the box." I laughed at her usage, but we all knew exactly what she was talking about.

I thought you all migh appreciate this interesting way of using the phrase "point out".

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Posts: 5149 | Location: Columbus, OhioReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
More "pointed remarks" from you, CW! Big Grin

I'm a weight watcher too: I eat, and I watch my belly get bigger! Roll Eyes

BURRRRP!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
We all of course know that "to point out" means to identify, as in "I pointed out the Sears Tower to her." However, when I looked at Dictionary.com, it says that "point out" can mean to "write a comment on." I don't think I would have considered "to point out" to mean to write something.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Asa Lovejoy:
I'm a weight watcher too: I eat, and I watch my belly get bigger! Roll Eyes

BURRRRP!

I heard that, Asa! Frown

Posts: 235 | Location: Portland, OregonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Sunflower, great to see you back. Big Grin We haven't seen you for awhile.

Yes, I just ignored him! Wink

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
quote:

I heard that, Asa! Frown

Uh, oh! Frown

Asa hiding candy bar and running for dear life...

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
I have just returned from a cruise and can now tell you that the term "Weight-Watchers Cruise" is oxymoronic.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post